Friday, March 19, 2010

SAMPLE #7 WRITING TASK[GT]

SAMPLE #7 WRITING TASK 1(20 MINS)(AT LEAST 150 WORDS)(GENERAL TRAINING)

Although you have never studied computing, you have always been interested in computers.You have just read about a computer training course which really interests you, but it is only for people who have some knowledge of computers.

Write a letter to the college enrollment officer.In your letter
1)Introduce yourself and explain why you are writing.
2)explain your circumstances
3)ask if a special exception can be made for you so you can enroll in this course
You do NOT need to write any address.Begin your letter as follows. Dear-------------------

SUGGESTED APPROACH
The answer should explain your special circumstances.It should give reasons why the Enrolment Officer should make an exception for you.

SAMPLE ANSWER.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am particularly interested in enrolling in the computer course which is being offered at your college.I noticed the advertisement in the local newspaper,and I noted that the course is for those who have formal training in computing at college or university level.

I have not done any formal study in computing.I am writing to ask if you would make an exception to your course entry requirements based on my background reading and the level of computer skills I have developed.

Computers are my passion and I have built up an extensive computer reference library.I subscribe to several computer magazines.I have taught myself all major computer languages,including Cobol and Fortran. I am familiar with most computer software applications for word processing,spread sheets and databases, as well as websites.

I am available for an interview,as well as a placement test so that i can demonstrate both my knowledge and skills.

I hope you will consider my request favorably

Yours faithfully(166 words)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
click here for SAMPLE # 6[GT]             OR          click here for SAMPLE # 8[GT]   
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Note:-The questions,sample writing tasks,top 6 words,its meaning,sentences,teaching methodology & related details are obtained from various sources.Please click here REFERENCES for details of sources.The role of web page owner  is limited to finding & modifying the questions,words,sample writing tasks and editing the content for our intended purpose.The purpose of this page is to promote IELTS training and English education for free as far as possible.However , not to misuse this opportunity and to minimize the losses incur, a fee is being charged for training session conducted by the live trainer through online chat.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > (HIDE MENU ) ( CLOSE )

Academics Blogs
indiae.in
we are in
Indiae.in
india's search engine