Friday, March 19, 2010

SAMPLE #8 WRITING TASK[GT]

SAMPLE #8 WRITING TASK 1(20 MINS)(AT LEAST 150 WORDS)(GENERAL TRAINING)

You have lost your student identification card.You need this card to get discounts on transport and at the cinema,and to use the college library.You also need it as a proof of identity to withdraw money from the bank.

Write a letter to the director of student services.In your letter
1)Introduce yourself and explain why you are writing
2)explain your situation and why you need a replacement ID card
3)request a new card as soon as possible
You do NOT need to write any address.Begin your letter as follows. Dear Sir/Madam,

SUGGESTED APPROACH
The answer should explain how you lost your card yesterday,so the explanation will be in the past tense.It should include a request for a new card,and an explanation of why card is important to you.

SAMPLE ANSWER.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that I lost my student identification card yesterday and to ask for a new card to be issued as quickly as possible.There are reasons why I need a new card by the end of this week.

I live in the outer suburbs and depend on both trains and buses to get to class everyday.I also need a student card to be able to borrow library books to complete my assignments.Less importantly,I cannot afford to go to cinema unless I have a student discount.Again,I need the card for that.

Most importantly, however, I use the card as proof of identification when withdrawing money from the bank.This week I have to pay rent for next month and will have to withdraw a large amount of money to cover this.I pay the rent by bank cheque.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully (158 words)

-------------------------------------------------------
click here for SAMPLE # 7[GT]           OR        click here for SAMPLE # 9[GT]
------------------------------------------------------
[Note:-The questions,sample writing tasks,top 6 words,its meaning,sentences,teaching methodology & related details are obtained from various sources.Please click here REFERENCES for details of sources.The role of web page owner  is limited to finding & modifying the questions,words,sample writing tasks and editing the content for our intended purpose.The purpose of this page is to promote IELTS training and English education for free as far as possible.However , not to misuse this opportunity and to minimize the losses incur, a fee is being charged for training session conducted by the live trainer through online chat.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > (HIDE MENU ) ( CLOSE )

Academics Blogs
indiae.in
we are in
Indiae.in
india's search engine